Friday 15 March 2013

Matt & Winnie's wedding dessert table

A month ago my brother Matt married Winnie in a stunning evening ceremony at my parent's place in Tamahere. It was an awesome night, fantastic party and very very cool to see these two get married, and to have Winnie as a part of our family (officially). Matt and Winnie asked me to make Cupcakes instead of a wedding cake for them, and these are some of the photos of the journey to the table.

The stats: 247 cupcakes, 13 hours start to finish on the day, plus 4 hours prep the day before (measuring ingredients). 2 trials of red velvet, 7 trials of Tiramisu.

I made Red Velvet cupcakes - Matt & Winnie's request, and Tiramisu cupcakes, as this is one of their favourite desserts. My talented sister Lauren made some completely addictive milk chocolate and white chocolate fudge, and we topped the table off with some fresh green grapes.

Mum and I decorated the dessert table, and Lester & I designed the cupcake toppers (with Jimmy's artwork) - the bridesmaids and Winnie faithfully cut these out the day before - nice work girls!

All in all, a great success, and a real honour for me to bake for those I love on their special day. I'll post the tiramisu recipe soon.

Congrats, Matt and Winnie!

Oven on, ingredients ready


a sea of red velvet


lucky mum and I have a lot of Sistema = 247 cupcakes, ready to travel


Lyn came and helped with the icing - thankyou SO much Lyn!


Tiramisu production line. In love with my cupcake corer!



Debbie: official re-corer. Lyn: Mascapone master. Gem: Kahlua syrup injector







Lauren's amazing fudge

The happy couple








No comments:

Post a Comment